The Windsor guide , 1800
- The Windsor guide : containing a description of the town and castle : the present state of the paintings and curiosities in the royal apartments : an account of the monuments, painted windows, &c. in St. George's chapel : with the foundation of the royal college of St. George, and the institution and ceremonies of the Order of the Garter : also, a description of the lodges, parks, and forest : with a view of the town and castle : to which is added a brief account of Eton.
- New edition, corrected and much enlarged.
- Windsor (Berkshire, England] : Printed and sold by C. Knight, 1800.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 135, iv p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 W76 W44 1800Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustration by Robert Pollard & J. Widnell; after William Evans.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1800.Knight, C. -- Publisher.Order of the Garter.Windsor (Berkshire, England) -- Guidebooks.Windsor Castle -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.