Pote, Joseph, 1704-1787, The history and antiquities of Windsor Castle, and the Royal College, and Chapel of St. George , 1749
- The history and antiquities of Windsor Castle, and the Royal College, and Chapel of St. George : with the institution, laws, and ceremonies of the most noble Order of the Garter ... : with an account of the town and corporation of Windsor, the royal apartments, and paintings in the castle ... : the whole intirely new wrote, and illustrated with cuts ...
- Eton [England] : Printed by J. Pote ..., 1749.
- Physical Description:
- iii,  431 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps, plans ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 W76 P8 1749Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Dedication signed : Jos. Pote.
Title printed in red and black; head- and tailpieces; initial.
Illustrations by Richard Parr and J. Smith; after R. Biggs.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1749.Eton (England) -- Specimens -- 1749.Order of the Garter -- History.Pote, Joseph -- Printer.Stanley, Lord of Alderley -- Bookplate.Windsor Castle -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.