IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Whitbread, J, Whitbread's new plan of London , 1851
Whitbread's new plan of London : drawn from authentic surveys.
- Additional Title(s):
Title from guide: Index to new plan of London
- London : Published by J. Whitbread, 1851
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 41 x 65 cm, folded in cover 16 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process G5754.L7 W45 1851Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:20,500].
- Accompanied by index (30 p. ; 16 cm.).
Guide has title: Index to new plan of London, containing references to 2,800 streets, squares, &c., a list of 350 churches and chapels, with the names of the preachers, and a plan for viewing London in seven days.
"February 26th 1851"
Issued for the Great Exhibition of 1851.
Map cut into panels and mounted on linen.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- London.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England) -- Maps.Great Exhibition.London (England) -- Maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.