A guide to classical learning, or, Polymetis abridged .... : being a work absolutely necessary, not only for the right understanding of the classics, but also for forming in young minds a true taste for the beauties of poetry, sculpture, and painting / by N. Tindal, translator of Rapin.
- Fifth edition. Illustrated with twenty-eight prints from original antiques, and more particularly adapted to the use of schools and academies.
- London : Printed for J. Dodsley, 1786.
- Physical Description:
- , xxxiv, 224 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5613 S75 1786Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Ancient.Dodsley, J. -- Publisher.Mythology, Classical.
- Wood engravings -- 1786
YCBA Collections Search
Spence, Joseph, 1699-1768, A guide to classical learning, or, Polymetis abridged .... , 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.