Meredith, George, 1828-1909, The letters of George Meredith to Alice Meynell , 1923
- The letters of George Meredith to Alice Meynell : with annotations thereto, 1896-1907.
- London ; San Francisco : The Nonesuch Press, 1923.
- Physical Description:
- 104 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5013 .A14 1923Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition is limited to 850 copies, on Ingres paper, for England and America, of which 780 are for sale. The type has been distributed."--Colophon.
The annotations include "George Meredith's article in the National review of August, 1896, on Alice Meynell's prose" (p. 85-94).
Contains an allusion to J.M. Barrie on p. 50: "A friend of J.M. Barrie had painted her [Meynell's] portrait as a present for George Meredith."
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 2
BEIN Meredith 923 copy 1: No. 139.
BEIN Meredith 923 Copy 2: No. 586. With original dust wrapper.
BEIN Ip B276Xz M541: No. 12.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 525 of 850. Bound in tan quarter canvas with brown paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Barrie, J. M. (James Matthew), 1860-1937 -- Allusions.Meredith, George, 1828-1909. Correspondence.Meynell, Alice, 1847-1922 -- Correspondence.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.