Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321, The Divine comedy of Dante Alighieri , 
The Divine comedy of Dante Alighieri : Inferno / a verse translation by Tom Phillips with images and commentary.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Talfourd Press, .
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : col. ill. ; 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A P 16Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- The commentary is "a parallel text embedded in the images; a poetic gloss deriving ... from W.H. Mallock's A human document, a Victorian novel that is here plundered ... for possible insights into Dante's thought." Cf. Prospectus.
Limited ed. of 185 copies, of which copies numbered 1-100 are for sale in loose sheets in 2 cases or bound to order.
Translation of: Inferno.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. , signed on the colophon and intiialed throughout by Tom Phillips. This copy is in loose parts in 2 black cloth-covered cases, designed by Petta Erskine-Tulloch.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321. -- In art.Etching -- Specimens -- 1983.Hell -- Poetry.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1983.Talfourd Press -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Screen prints -- 1983.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.