The journal of a tour to the Hebrides, with Samuel Johnson, LL.D : containing some poetical pieces by Dr. Johnson, relative to the tour, and never before published : a series of his conversations, literary anecdotes and opinions of men and books : with an authentic account of the distresses and escape of the grandson of King James II. in the year 1746 / by James Boswell.
- New edition, illustrated, with introduction and notes by Robert Carruthers.
- London : Office of the National illustrated library, .
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, , 361 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA880.H4 B78 1852Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: This copy has a presentation letter, pasted in, addressed to Paul [Mellon] and signed Molly.
BAC: Bound in brown calf with cover stamped: Circus Place School, Edinburgh.
BAC: Spine title: Boswell's Tour.
Printed by Petter, Duff, and Co., Playhouse Yard, Blackfriars.
- Subject Terms:
- Arkley, Patrick -- Pres. inscription from the Circus Place School, 5th prize English, 1854.Hebrides (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784.Office of the National Illustrated Library -- Publisher.Petter, Duff, and Co. -- Printer.Scotland -- Description and travel.
- Wood engravings -- .
YCBA Collections Search
Boswell, James, 1740-1795, The journal of a tour to the Hebrides, with Samuel Johnson, LL.D , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.