A new description of Blenheim : the seat of His Grace the Duke of Marlborough : containing a full and accurate account of the paintings, tapestry, and furniture : a picturesque tour of the gardens and park : and a general description of the china gallery, &c. : with a preliminary essay on landscape gardening.
- Eighth edition, improved and enlarged. Embellished with a new and elegant plan of the park, &c.
- Oxford [England] : Printed and sold by J. Munday ... , 1811.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 150 p., 4 leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., plan ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B635 M3 1811Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC: Label on cover reads: Blenheim guide, large paper, with views.
BAC: Bound in original boards.
BEIN Osborn pd286: Extensive manuscript quotation of Alexander Pope on front free endpaper. Inscription: George May Jun, 1811. Heavily annotated throughout in several hands.
Illustrations by Charles Heath, Neele and William Angus; after Conrad Martin Metz.
Half-title: Guide to Blenheim.
- Subject Terms:
- Blenheim Palace (England)Engraving -- Specimens -- 1811.Landscape architecture -- England -- Blenheim.May, George, Jun. -- Autograph.Munday, J. -- Printer.Oxford (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1811.Vanbrugh, John, 1664-1726.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Mavor, William Fordyce, 1758-1837, A new description of Blenheim , 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.