The stranger's guide to Holkham : containing a description of the paintings, statues, &c. of Holkham House, in the county of Norfolk, the magnificent seat and residence of T.W. Coke, Esq. M.P. : also, a brief account of the park, gardens &c. &c. with a short narrative of the sheep-shearing, annually held at Holkham : embellished with a view of the south front / compiled by J. Dawson.
- Burnham : Printed, published and sold by J. Dawson, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- , v, 151 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H75 D38 1817 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H75 D38 1817 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by and after T. Lester.
Page  printed on the verso of page v. Even-numbered pages are (mis-)printed on leaf rectos throughout; odds on versos.
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 135
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in publisher's original printed beige paper covered boards, rebacked.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in publisher's original printed boards; rebacked. Embossed stamp: Leamington Free Public Library. Blue ink stamp: Warwickshire County Library Withdraw.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Norfolk.Burnham -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1817.Coke, Thomas William, Earl of Leicester, 1752-1842 -- Art collections.Country homes -- England -- Norfolk.Dawson, J. -- Publisher.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- England -- Norfolk.Holkham (England) -- Guidebooks.Holkham Hall (England) -- Guidebooks.Leamington Free Public Library -- Stamp.Painting -- Private collections -- Great Britain.Warwickshire County Library -- Stamp.
- Engravings -- 1817.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.