Boswell, James, 1740-1795, Ode by Dr. Samuel Johnson to Mrs. Thrale , 1784 [i.e. 1788]
- Ode by Dr. Samuel Johnson to Mrs. Thrale : upon their supposed approaching nuptials.
- London : R. Faulder, 1784 [i.e. 1788].
- Physical Description:
- 16 p. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3531 O34 1784+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- This copy unbound and unopened in sheets.
See Hyde for details on publication of this work.
Hyde, Mary Morley Crapo. The impossible friendship : Boswell and Mrs. Thrale. Cambridge, 1972.
The satirical "ode" was actually written by James Boswell for private circulation on the day after Henry Thrale's funeral on 11 April 1781.
- Subject Terms:
- Faulder, R. -- Publisher.Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784.Piozzi, Hester Lynch, 1741-1821.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.