IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Loudon, J. C. (John Claudius), 1783-1843, The suburban gardener and villa companion , 1838
The suburban gardener and villa companion : comprising the choice of a suburban or villa residence, or of a situation on which to form one : the arrangement and furnishing of the house and the laying out, planting, and general management of the garden and grounds : the whole adapted for grounds from one perch to fifty acres and upwards in extent : and intended for the instruction of those who know little of gardening and rural affairs : and more particularly for the use of ladies / by J. C. Loudon ... ; illustrated by numerous engravings.
- London : Printed for the author ..., 1838.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 752 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB453 L88 1838Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC,RB: Bookplate of E. K. Green.
Second edition has title: The villa gardener.
Printed by A. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square, London.
Archer, John. Literature of British domestic architecture, 1715-1842 190.1
- Subject Terms:
- Gardens, English.Green, E. K. -- Bookplate.Interior decoration -- Great Britain -- History.Landscape architecture -- Great Britain.Landscape gardening -- Great Britain.Loudon, J. C. (John Claudius), 1783-1843 -- Publisher.Spottiswoode, A. -- Printer.Suburban homes -- Great Britain -- History.
- Wood engravings -- 1828.
Engravings -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.