The topographical picture of Glasgow in its ancient and modern state : with sketches of a tour to the lakes and romantic scenery in the shires of Dumbarton, Argyll, and Perth, and to the falls of Clyde.
- Third edition, enlarged. Embellished with three views and two maps.
- Glasgow : Printed by and for R. Chapman ..., 1820.
- Physical Description:
- , 390,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA890 G5 C43 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Robert Scott and R. Gray; after W. Reid.
Preface signed: Robert Chapman.
Half-title: Picture of Glasgow.
Previous edition had title that read: Picture of Glasgow.
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman, Robert -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1820.Glasgow (Scotland) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1820.Glasgow (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Scotland -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Chapman, Robert, The topographical picture of Glasgow in its ancient and modern state , 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.