Warner, Richard, 1763-1857, A walk through Wales, in August 1797 , 1798
- A walk through Wales, in August 1797 / by the Revd. Richard Warner, of Bath.
- Bath : Printed by R. Cruttwell, and sold by G. Dilly, Poultry, 1798.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 236 p.,  leaf of plates : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA727 W27 1798Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 T46 1788 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIR Edea W14 797 copy 1: Autographs: D. Clarke, 1798; H. Pidgeon. Illegible autograph.
BEIR Edea W14 797 copy 2: Ms. index and newspaper clipping at front.
Illustrations by Samuel Alken; after Thomas Girtin.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is extra-illustrated with prints and 8 watercolors of Wales by William Gell and 3 watercolors possibly by Georgiana Clavell. Copy 1 has notes throughout.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is the Abbey copy, bound with: Tour in England and Scotland by an English gentleman / by William Thompson. London : Printed for G.G. J. and J. Robinson, 1788.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Imprints -- 1798.Clarke, D. -- Autograph.Clavell, Georgiana -- Autograph, 1798.Cruttwell, R. -- Printer.Pidgeon, H. -- Autograph.Wales -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Wales -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1798.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.