Warner, Richard, 1763-1857, A walk through Wales, in August 1797 , 1798
A walk through Wales, in August 1797 / by the Revd. Richard Warner, of Bath.
- Bath : Printed by R. Cruttwell, and sold by G. Dilly, Poultry, 1798.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 236 p.,  leaf of plates : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA727 W27 1798 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 T46 1788 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- BEIR Edea W14 797 copy 1: Autographs: D. Clarke, 1798; H. Pidgeon. Illegible autograph.
BEIR Edea W14 797 copy 2: Ms. index and newspaper clipping at front.
Illustrations by Samuel Alken; after Thomas Girtin.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is extra-illustrated with prints and 8 watercolors of Wales by William Gell and 3 watercolors possibly by Georgiana Clavell. Copy 1 has notes throughout.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is the Abbey copy, bound with: Tour in England and Scotland by an English gentleman / by William Thompson. London : Printed for G.G. J. and J. Robinson, 1788.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Imprints -- 1798.Clarke, D. -- Autograph.Clavell, Georgiana -- Autograph, 1798.Cruttwell, R. -- Printer.Pidgeon, H. -- Autograph.Wales -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Wales -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1798.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.