Remarks on a tour to north and south Wales, in the year 1797 : with plates from Rowlandson, Pugh, Howitt, etc. ; aquatinted by I. Hill.
- London : Printed and published by W. Wigstead, 1799.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 69 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA727 W53 1800Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Added engraved t.p. with imprint: London : W. Wigstead, 1800.
Plates are dated 1799-1800.
Half-title page reads: A tour to North and South Wales. Printed by J. Bateson.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 516
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by and after Thomas Rowlandson and Henry Wigstead. Many plates unsigned.
BEIR WC 6346: Imperfect: t.-p. and plates wanting. Bookplate of Henry Blackwell.
- Subject Terms:
- Bateson, J. -- Printer.Blackwell, Henry, 1851-1928 -- Bookplate.Wales -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Wales -- Description and travel.Wigstead, W. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1799.
YCBA Collections Search
Wigstead, Henry, Remarks on a tour to north and south Wales, in the year 1797 , 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.