A new map of the river Thames from Oxford to London : from entirely new surveys, taken during the summer of 1871 : with a guide, giving every information required by the tourist, the oarsman, and the angler /by Henry W. Taunt ; illustrated with eighty photographs.
- Additional Title(s):
Taunt's Map and guide to the Thames
Map and guide to the Thames
- Second edition.
- Oxford : Henry W. Taunt, 33, Cornamrket-Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 79 p., 24 leaves of plates : ill., maps ; 17 x 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.T2 T38 1873+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Cover title: Taunt's Map and guide to the Thames. Illustrated.
At foot of title page: Corrected to April, 1873.
Lithographed sectional maps of the Thames, with photographic insets (mounted).
Cohen, B. The Thames 1580-1980, p. 209-212
Gernsheim, H. Incunabula of British photographic literature, 558
Johnson, W. Nineteenth-century photography, T330
Advertisements, p. -79.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and blind-stamped green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Description and travel.Photographs.Taunt, Henry -- Publisher.Thames River (England) -- Description and travel.
- Lithographs -- 1873.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Taunt, Henry, A new map of the river Thames from Oxford to London , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.