Britannicarum gentium historiae antiquae scriptores tres : Ricardus Corinensis, Gildas Badonicus, Nennius Banchorensis / recensuit notisque & indice auxit Carolus Bertramus.
- Havniae [Copenhagen] : Impensis editoris, 1757.
- Physical Description:
- 198 p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., map ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA145 .B52 1757Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by and after; C[harles] Bertram.
This work was published by Bertram as the work of Richard of Cirencester, monk of the 14th century. It genuineness was not questioned until 1867 when it was exposed as a forgery. See Fake? for more information.
Half t.p. reads: Historiae Brittanicae scriptones tres.
Fake? The art of deception. Edited by Mark Jones. London : British Museum, 1990 44
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1757.Etching -- Specimens -- 1757.Gildas, 516?-570?Great Britain -- Antiquities.Great Britain -- History -- 1066-1687 -- Sources.Impensis editoris -- Publisher.Literary forgeries and mystifications.Nennius, active 796.Pickford, Joseph -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
Bertram, Charles, 1723-1765, Britannicarum gentium historiae antiquae scriptores tres , 1757
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.