Bisset, J. (James), 1762?-1832, Bisset's Magnificent guide, or, Grand copperplate directory, for the town of Birmingham. , 1808
- Bisset's Magnificent guide, or, Grand copperplate directory, for the town of Birmingham. : comprising the addresses of the most eminent public companies, bankes, merchants, tradesmen, and manufacturers, in the "toy-shop of Europe" : alphabetically arranged in elegant and emblematic engravings, containing upwards of fifty superb plates, with views of the principal buildings, &c. : exclusive of a view of the Royal Mint and Soho manufactory / by J. Bisset.
- Second edition.
- Birmingham : Printed (for the author) by R. Jabet ..., 1808.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 7 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B6 B5 1808Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added engraved t.p.
Edition statement from dealer's catalogue.
First edition published in 1800 under title: "A poetic survey round Birmingham."
- Subject Terms:
- Birmingham (England) -- Directories.Birmingham (England) -- Guidebooks.Birmingham (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1808.Birmingham (England) -- Poetry.Bisset, J. (James), 1762?-1832 -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1808.Jabet, R. -- Printer.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1808.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.