Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824, The poetical works of Lord Byron, 1839
The poetical works of Lord Byron.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : John Murray ... , 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 8 v. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4350 E41 1849+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Richard Brown BakerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy is extra-illustrated with 1,468 engraved portraits and views. Bound by Zaehnsdorf in 17 volumes in red gold-tooled calf with silk doublures.
Printed by A. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square.
Kohler, C. C. Lord Byron, a collection 280.
- Subject Terms:
- Murray, John -- Publisher.Spottiswoode, A. -- Printer.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
- v.1. Childe Harold's pilgrimage ; The Giaour
- v. 2. The bride of Asydos ; The corsair ; Lara ; The siege of Corinth ; Parisina ; The prisoner of Chillon ; Beppo ; Mazeppa ; The island
- v. 3. Hours of idleness ; English bards and Scotch reviewers ; Hints from Horace ; The curse of Minerva ; The waltz ; Ode to Napoleon Buonaparte ; Hebrew melodies ; Domestic pieces ; Monody on the death of Sheridan
- v.4. The lament of Tasso ; Ode on Venice ; The Morgante Maggiore ; The prophecy of Dante ; The blues ; The vision of judgement ; The age of Bronze ; Occasional pieces
- v. 5. Manfred ; Marino Faliero ; Heaven and earth ; Sartdanapalus
- v. 6. The two Foscari ; The deformed transformed ; Cain ; Werner
- v. 7-8. Don Juan.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.