Researches into the history of playing cards : with illustrations of the origin of printing and engraving on wood / by Samuel Weller Singer.
- Additional Title(s):
History of playing cards
Researches into the history of playing cards and printing
- London : Printed by T. Bensley and Son for Robert Triphook, No. 23, Old Bond Street, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, , 373,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1233 .S56 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Preliminary half t.p. title: Researches into the history of playing cards and printing.
List of subscribers: p. vii-ix.
Spine title: History of playing cards.
Title page printed in red and black.
250 copies printed.
Illustrations by John Swaine.
Includes bibliographical footnotes.
- Subject Terms:
- Playing cards -- History.T. Bensley and Son -- Printer. (bacrb)Triphook, Robert -- Publisher. (bacrb)
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
Wood engravings -- 1816.
YCBA Collections Search
Singer, Samuel Weller, 1783-1858, Researches into the history of playing cards , 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.