IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Early Victorian England, 1830-1865, 1934
Early Victorian England, 1830-1865.
- London, Oxford University Press, H. Milford, 1934.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. fronts., 1 illus., plates, plan, facsims. (part double) 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA533 E27 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Erratum slip isnterted in v. 1.
Preface signed: G. M. Young.
"Chronological table": v. 1, p. [xvii]-xxv.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Civilization.Great Britain -- History -- Victoria, 1837-1901.Great Britain -- Intellectual life.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Bookplate (BAC)Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (Bac,Ref)
- I. Work and wages, by J. H. Clapham. Homes and habits, by Mrs. C.S. Peel. Town life and London, by R. H. Mottram. Life in the new towns, by J.H. Clapham and M.H. Clapham. Country life and sport, by Bernard Darwin. The navy, by Admiral G.A. Ballard. The army, by Sir John Fortescue. The mercantile marine, by Basil Lubbock.--II.The press, by E.E. Kellett. Art, by A.P. Oppé. Architecture, by A.E. Richardson. Music, by E.J. Dent. Drama, by Allardyce Nicoll. Holidays and travel, by Mona Wilson. Charity, by E. Lascelles. Expansion and emigration, by D. Woodruff. Portrait of an age, by G.M. Young.