Early Victorian England, 1830-1865, 1934
- Early Victorian England, 1830-1865.
- London, Oxford University Press, H. Milford, 1934.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. fronts., 1 illus., plates, plan, facsims. (part double) 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA533 E27 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Erratum slip isnterted in v. 1.
Preface signed: G. M. Young.
"Chronological table": v. 1, p. [xvii]-xxv.
- I. Work and wages, by J. H. Clapham. Homes and habits, by Mrs. C.S. Peel. Town life and London, by R. H. Mottram. Life in the new towns, by J.H. Clapham and M.H. Clapham. Country life and sport, by Bernard Darwin. The navy, by Admiral G.A. Ballard. The army, by Sir John Fortescue. The mercantile marine, by Basil Lubbock.--II.The press, by E.E. Kellett. Art, by A.P. Oppé. Architecture, by A.E. Richardson. Music, by E.J. Dent. Drama, by Allardyce Nicoll. Holidays and travel, by Mona Wilson. Charity, by E. Lascelles. Expansion and emigration, by D. Woodruff. Portrait of an age, by G.M. Young.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Civilization.Great Britain -- History -- Victoria, 1837-1901.Great Britain -- Intellectual life.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Bookplate (BAC)Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (Bac,Ref)