Bürger, Gottfried August, 1747-1794, Leonora , 1796
- Leonora / translated from the German of Gottfried Augustus Bürgher, by W. R. Spencer, Esq ; with designs by Lady Diana Beauclerc.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Lenore. English and German
- London : Printed by T. Bensley, for J. Edwards, and E. and S. Harding, Pall Mall, 1796.
- Physical Description:
- , 35,  p.  leaves of plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPT1829.L4 E57 1796+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Parallel German and English texts.
Engraved head- and tail-pieces.
Engravings by Francesco Bartolozzi, Edward Harding and A. Birrell.
ESTC (RLIN), T93829
SML: Imperfect: one plate wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped red leather binding. Bookplate: Anthy. G. Wright Biddulph.
- Subject Terms:
- Bensley, T. -- Printer. (BACRB)Biddulph, Anthy. G. Wright -- Bookplate. (BACRB)E. and S. Harding -- Publisher (BACRB)Edwards, J. -- Publisher. (BACRB)Etching -- Specimens -- 1796. (BACRB)
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1796.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.