The citizen and countryman's experienced farrier, containing ... : to all which is added, a valuable and fine collection of the surest and best receipts in the known world for the cure of all maladies and distempers that are incident to horses of what kind soever, with directions to know what is the ailment or disease / by J. Markham, G. Jefferies, and discreet Indians.
- Baltimore : Printed by Samuel Sower, MDCCXCVII 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 9-317,  pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .M37 1797Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "To the reader."--p. iii, signed: J--.M--. [i.e., John Millis]
BAC: British Art Center copyBound in contemporary brown calf. Signed in manuscript: Geo. Purie.
Signatures: [A]⁴ B-U⁶ V⁶ W⁶ x-2A⁶ 2B⁶ ( -2B6).
- Subject Terms:
- Cattle -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.Clark, Robert Sterling, d. 1956 -- Ownership.Horses -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Early works to 1800.Purie, George -- Autograph.Veterinary medicine -- Early works to 1800.
- (from title page) I. The most best approved method of ordering, dieting, exercising, purging, scowring, and cleansing of horses ...
- II. A certain sure method to know the true state of any horse's body, as to sickness or health
- III. The true shape of a horse explained, with choice directions for buying
- IV. An experienced and approved method for raising of horses, as to ordering, keeping, &c. ...
- V.A sure and certain rule to know the age of any horse ...
- VI. The best and experienced way of keeping the common hackney or hunting horse ...
- VII. An approved method of purging, bleeding, and feeding cattle ...