England & Wales, founded upon the grand trigonometrical survey : shewing all the mail coach, turnpike & rail roads, the rivers & navigable canals, also the boundaries & divisions of counties, the extent of boroughs, county election & polling places under the Reform Act, together with the sand banks & soundings round the coast / by J. & C. Walker.
- Additional Title(s):
England and Wales, founded upon the grand trigonometrical survey
- London : J. & C. Walker, 1848
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : col. ; 134 x 104 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process G5751.P3 W35 1848+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:560,000] -- (W 5⁰50ʹ--E 1⁰50ʹ/N 56⁰15ʹ--N 49⁰50ʹ).
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
In bottom margin: Drawn & engraved by J. & C. Walker.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Administrative and political divisions -- Maps.Wales -- Administrative and political divisions -- Maps.
YCBA Collections Search
J. & C. Walker (Firm), England & Wales, founded upon the grand trigonometrical survey , 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.