Vathek / by William Beckford ; a new translation by Herbert B. Grimsditch ; with ten illustrations by Marion V. Dorn.
- Additional Title(s):
- Bloomsbury : The Nonesuch Press, 16 Great James Street, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- , 172,  pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4091 .V4 1929Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Translated from the French.
"This edition consists of 1050 copies for sale in England by the Nonesuch Press and 500 copies for sale in the United States by Random House, Inc. The text has been printed by John Johnson, Printer to the University, at the University Press, Oxford; the illustrations by the Curwen Press, London."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 60
BEIN Beckford 73: No. 1176.
BEIN Z78 22v: No. 1009. Bookplate of Carl Van Vechten.
SML/LSFR copy: no. 963.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 1014 of 1050. Bound in quarter vellum and gilt-stamped red boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Arab countries -- Fiction.Middle East -- Fiction.Porter, Linda Lee Thomas, d. 1954 -- Bookplate (SML,AOB X178 N73 Z929B).Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 -- Bookplate.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1929.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.