The genealogy of the English race horse : with the natural history of his progenitors, from the earliest times down to the period when foreign blood was introduced into this kingdom : collected from the best authorities : to which is added, the general practice of the most judicious breeders, whereby hey have improved & perfected our breed of blood horses so as to have acquired a decided pre-eminence and superiority in the essential points of size, strength, beauty, speed, bottom &. &c. over those of other countries : with observations upon the present improved method of breeding for the turf : of the selection of stallions : choice of blood mares : crossing the blood, or mixed races : treatment of brood mares and young colts intended for racing, &c. &c. : the result of observation and experience during an acquaintance for many years with the turf / by T. Hornby Morland.
- London : Printed by J. Barfield, Waldour-Street, printer to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, 1810.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 160 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF335.G7 M67 1810Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece engraved by Cosmo Armstrong; after a painting by James Ward.
Podeschi, J. B. Horse and horsemanship, 95
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary brown mottled calf. Bookplate: Daniel Cooper.
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, Robert Sterling, d. 1956 -- Ownership.Cooper, Daniel -- Bookplate.Horse racing -- Great Britain.Horses -- Breeding.
- Engravings -- 1810.
YCBA Collections Search
Morland, Thomas Hornby, The genealogy of the English race horse , 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.