Himalayan journals, or, Notes of a naturalist in Bengal, the Sikkim and Nepal Himalayas, the Khasia mountains, &c. / by Joseph Dalton Hooker ... ; with maps and illustrations.
- London : John Murray, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS485.H6 H7 1854Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by W.L. Walton, A. Petermann, Lewis Gruner; after W. Taylor and Joseph Dalton Hooker.
Printed by Bradbury and Evans, Printers, Whitefriars.
Includes bibliographical references.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 502
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Asia, Central -- Description and travel.Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Himalaya Mountains -- Description and travel.Murray, John -- Publisher.Natural history -- Himalaya Mountains.
- Chromolithographs -- 1854.
Lithotints -- 1854.
Wood engravings -- 1854.
Woodcuts -- Hand-colored -- 1854.
YCBA Collections Search
Hooker, Joseph Dalton, 1817-1911, Himalayan journals, or, Notes of a naturalist in Bengal, the Sikkim and Nepal Himalayas, the Khasia mountains, &c. , 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.