Booth, Henry, 1788-1869, An account of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway , 
- An account of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway : comprising a history of the parliamentary proceedings preparatory to the passing of the act, a description of the railway in an excursion from Liverpool to Manchester, and a popular illustration of the mechanical principles applicable to railways : also, an abstract of the expenditure from the commencement of the undertaking, with observations on the same / by Henry Booth, Treasurer to the Company.
- Liverpool ; Printed by Wales and Baines and sold by them and the booksellers in Liverpool : 
[Manchester] ; Printed by Wales and Baines and sold by them and the booksellers in Liverpool : 
[Edinburgh] ; Printed by Wales and Baines and sold by them and the booksellers in Liverpool : 
[London] : Printed by Wales and Baines and sold by them and the booksellers in Liverpool : 
- Physical Description:
- , 104 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., map ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHE3020.L5 E34 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Dated Liverpool, June, 1830 on p. 104.
Plates printed by C. Hullmandel. Map printed by Miller & Co. and A. Miller & Co., Liverpool.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original plain paper wrappers, as issued. Has cased with it: Eight views illustrating the Liverpool and Manchester Railway [i.e., the work here cataloged] (London, 1830).
- Subject Terms:
- A. Miller & Co. -- Printer.Bancks and Co. -- Publisher.Cadell and Co. -- Publisher.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Hurst, Chance and Co. -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1830.Liverpool and Manchester Railway.Miller & Co. -- Printer.Railroads -- Early works to 1850.Railroads -- Great Britain.Transportation -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Wales and Baines -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.