Letters from Portugal and Spain, written during the march of the British troops under Sir John Moore. With a map of the route, and appropriate engravings. By an officer.
- London, Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme, 1809.
- Physical Description:
- xiv p., 1l., 320 p. front., plates, 1 fold. map. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC232 B76 1809Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 136
BEIN: William Beckford's copy, with his penciled notes.
Printed by T. Davison, Whitefriars, London.
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by J.C. Stadler; after R[obert] K[er] Porter.
- Subject Terms:
- Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Binding.Davison, T. -- Printer.Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme -- Publisher.Peninsular War, 1807-1814 -- Personal narratives.Portugal -- Description and travel.Spain -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1809.
YCBA Collections Search
Broughton, Samuel Daniel, 1787-1837, Letters from Portugal and Spain,, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.