Eustace, John Chetwode, approximately 1762-1815, A tour through Italy , 1813
- A tour through Italy : exhibiting a view of its scenery, its antiquities, and its monuments : particularly as they are objects of classical interest and elucidation : with an account of the present state of its cities and towns : and occasional observations on the recent spoliations of the French / by the Rev. John Chetwode Eustace. Vol. I[-II]
- Alternate Title(s):
- Classical tour through Italy
- London : Printed for J. Mawman, 39, Ludgate-Street, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG425 .E97 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title: A classical tour through Italy.
Printed by J.G. Barnard, Skinner-Street, London.
"Directions to the binder. The eight plates are to be placed in the first volume."--V. 2, p. [xxiv].
Eng. cat. of books, Prel. vol., p. 192
BM (compact ed.), v. 8, p. 1143
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary blue boards, rebacked in calf. At the end of Vol. II is inserted the "Supplement." A contemporary circulating library list is pasted on the verso of the front cover of both volumes. Inscribed: T. Kenyon Pradoe.
BEIN: William Beckford's copy, with his penciled notes in each volume.
- Subject Terms:
- Barnard, J. G. -- Printer.Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Binding and ms. notes.Eustace, John Chetwode, approximately 1762-1815 -- Travel -- Italy.Italy -- Antiquities.Italy -- Description and travel.Italy -- History.Kenyon, T. -- Autograph.Mawman, J. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.