Travels to and from Constantinople, in the years 1827 and 1828: or Personal narrative of a journey from Vienna, through Hungary, Transylvania, Wallachia, Bulgaria, and Roumelia, to Constantinople: and from that city to the capital of Austria by the Dardanelles, Tenedos, the plains of Troy, Smyrna, Napoli di Romania, Athens, Egina, Poros, Cyprus, Syria, Alexandria, Malta, Sicily, Italy, Istria, Carniolia, and Styria. By Capt. Charles Colville Frankland ...
- London, Henry Colburn, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. col. fronts., illus., 25 pl. (3 fold.) 4 maps (2 fold.) 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD919 .F73 1829Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Beckford 230: William Beckford's copy, with his penciled notes in each volume.
Plates by J. Clark; after Charles Colville Frankland.
Printed by S. and R. Bentley, Dorset Street, Fleet Street.
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 26
- Subject Terms:
- Europe -- Description and travel.Istanbul (Turkey) -- Description and travel.Middle East -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1829.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1829.
Wood engravings -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Frankland, Charles Colville, 1797-1876, Travels to and from Constantinople,, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.