Travels in western Africa, in the years 1818, 19, 20, and 21, from the river Gambia, through Woolli, Bondoo, Galam, Kasson, Kaarta, and Foolidoo, to the river Niger. By Major William Gray, and the late Staff Surgeon Dochard. With a map, drawings, and costumes, illustrative of those countries ...
- London, J . Murray, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 413 p. front. (port.) illus., plates, fold. map. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT356 G77 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Beckford 243: William Beckford's copy, with his penciled notes.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by William Gray. Printed by Hullmandel and Walton.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 2082
- Subject Terms:
- Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Binding (BEIN Beckford 243).Hullmandel and Walton -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1825.Murray, John -- Publisher.Sudan -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1852.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.