Journal of a tour in Germany, Sweden, Russia, Poland, during the years 1813 and 1814 / by J.T. James, Esq. student of Christ Church, Oxford.
- London : Printed for John Murray, Albemarle-Street, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 527,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD919 .J36 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Colored aquatints by J. Clark and colored etchings by Heneage Legge; after John Thomas James.
Printed by T. Davison, Lombard Street, Whitefriars, London.
With a wood-engraved vignette on the title page.
Prideaux, S.T. Aquatint engraving, p. 341
Cat. Russica, No. J89
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 16
BEIN: William Beckford's copy, with his penciled notes.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled tree calf. Armorial bookplate: Peter Rashleigh. Spine title: Tour in Germany, Sweden, Russia, &c.
- Subject Terms:
- Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Binding and ms. notes.Davison, T. -- Printer.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1816.Europe -- Description and travel.Germany -- Description and travel.Murray, John -- Publisher.Poland -- Description and travel.Rashleigh, Peter -- Bookplate.Russia -- Description and travel.Sweden -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
- Part of Sweden and the North of Germany
- From Petersburg to Moscow and Smolensko
- South of Russia and Poland.