Girl's own paper and women's magazine, 1880-
- Girl's own paper and women's magazine.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Girl's own annual.
Girl's own paper.
- London : Printed by W. Clowes and Sons, 1880-
- Physical Description:
- v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAP201 .G57+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Single numbers issued under title: The Girl's own paper.
Some volumes also include extra numbers.
Frontispieces are chromoxylographs by Edmund Evans; after Kate Greenaway. Wood engravings throughout text.
Title-pages read: The Girl's own annual.
BAC: British Art Center copy comprises volumes 8 (1886-1887) and 12 (1890-1891) only. Vol. 8 bound in contemporary green pebbled cloth. Vol. 12 bound in gilt-stamped decorative red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's literature -- Periodicals.
- Juvenile literature.
Periodicals -- England -- 19th century.
Chromoxylographs -- 1880.
Wood engravings -- 1880.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.