A second journey through Persia, Armenia, and Asia Minor, to Constantinople : between the years 1810 and 1816 : with a journal of the voyage by the Brazils and Bombay to the Persian gulf : together with an account of the proceedings of His Majesty's embassy under His Excellency Sir Gore Ouseley ... / by James Morier ; .. with two maps and engravings from the designs of the author.
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- xix, , 435 p,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., maps ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS48.5 .M675 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by A. Strahan, Printer's Street, London.
Aquatint and engraving by T.H. Fielding and Henry Alken; after James Morier. Maps engraved by Sidney Hall.
Numerous wood engravings in the text.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 358
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled calf. Binder's ticket: Bound by Hemington, Ingram Court, Fenchurch St.
MUDD: Imperfect: 4 plates wanting.
BEIN Beckford 315: William Beckford's copy, with his penciled notes.
SML,AOS Vn +W23: American Oriental Society Library bookplate: No. 2462. Stamp of American Oriental Society Library. Donor: C. W. Bradley, May, 1864. Boards detached and binding failing.
SML,AOS Vn +W23: Bound with Waring, Edward Scott. A tour to Sheeraz, by the route of Kazroon and Feerozabad. London, 1807.
- Subject Terms:
- Abū al-Ḥasan Khān, 1776-1845 or 1846.American Oriental Society. Library -- Bookplate.American Oriental Society. Library -- Stamp.Armenia -- Description and travel.Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Ms. notes (BEIN Beckford 315).Bradley, Charles William, 1809-1865 -- Donor.Hemington -- Bookbinder.Iran -- Antiquities.Iran -- Description and travel.Iran -- History -- Qajar dynasty, 1794-1925.Iran -- Politics and government.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Middle East -- Description and travel.Strahan, A. -- Printer.Turkey -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1818.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
Wood engravings -- 1818.
Engravings -- 1818.
Stipple engravings -- 1818.
- Contents of the plates: Fragment of Persepolitan sculpture
- Sculpture Rock at Shapour
- Bend Emir
- Persian musicians
- Ispahen from the Shaters tomb. Shiraz from the north west
- The Key Kaj Excercise
- Tabriz. Hamadan
- Tomb of Sheikh Seffi at Ardebil
- Alkou and the Laker of Shahee
- Courdish Chiefs
- Mount Ararat and the Plain of Erivan from the village of Kinakin
- Keghort church & monastery
- Mountain of Demawend. House at Demawend
- The Caspian Sea from the Sanduk Mountain
- Entry of the King of Persia into Teheran
- A Persian Breakfast
- Routes through Aderbigian
- Route from Teheran to Asterabad.