Sauer, Martin, An account of a geographical and astronomical expedition to the northern parts of Russia,, 1802
- An account of a geographical and astronomical expedition to the northern parts of Russia, for ascertaining the degrees of latitude and longitude of the mouth of the river Kovima; of the whole coast of the Tshutski, to East Cape; and of the islands in the eastern ocean, stretching to the American coast. Performed ... by Commodore Joseph Billings, in the years 1785, &c. to 1794. The whole narrated from the original papers, by Martin Sauer ...
- London, Printed by A. Strahan, for T. Cadell, jun. and W. Davies, 1802.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi p., 1 l., 332, 58 p. xiv plates, fold. map. 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK754 S26 1802+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Beckford 344: William Beckford's copy, with his penciled notes.
BEIN Beckford 344: Five of the plates are present in 2 states.
Illustrations by S[amuel] J[oseph] Neale, J[ohn] Powell, [James] Neagle, R.H. Cromek, W[illiam] Cooke; after A[aron] Aarowsmith and W[illiam] Alexander.
BAC: Spine title: Billings Northern Russia.
- Subject Terms:
- Alaska -- Description and travel.Aleutian Islands (Alaska) -- Description and travel.Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Ms. notes (BEIN Beckford 344).Billings, Joseph, 1761-1806.Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Davies, W. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1802.Siberia (Russia) -- Description and travel.Staggemeier -- Binding (BEIN Beckford 344).Strahan, A. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.