Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400, Etchings illustrating Chaucer's Canterbury tales , 1972
- Etchings illustrating Chaucer's Canterbury tales / Elisabeth Frink ; introduction and translation by Nevill Coghill.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Canterbury tales. Selections 1973.
- London : Waddington, 1972.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 67 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B P 4 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B P 4 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ann and Kenneth RapoportAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is no. [C171] of the boxed unbound edition, issued in portfolio, signed by the artist. Copy 2 is no. [A24] of the De Tete edition, signed by the artist. Bound in English hide over millboard, inlaid on front with natural vellum.
At head of title: Elisabeth Frink.
From Manet to Hockney. London, 1985. 149.
Includes full text in modern English, of all the tales. Nineteen full-page plates, illustrating 19 of the tales, included in paging, not numbered. Versos blank.
- The Prologue -- The Knight's tale -- The Miller's tale -- The Reeve's tale -- The Shipman's tale -- The Prioress's tale -- Tale of St. Tropaz -- The Nun's Priest's tale -- The Pardoner's tale -- The Wife of Bath's tale -- The Summoner's prologue -- The Clerk's tale -- The Merchant's tale -- The Squire's tale -- The Franklin's tale -- The Second Nun's tale -- The Manciple's tale.
- Subject Terms:
- Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400. Canterbury tales -- Illustrations.Etching -- Specimens -- 1973.Waddington Gallery -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.