The Faras-n⁻ama-e Rang⁻in; or, The book of the horse, by "Ranag⁻in" [pseud.] Tr. from the Urdu by Lieut.-Colonel D.C. Phillott ...
- London, B. Quaritch, 1911.
- Physical Description:
- xix, p., 1 l., 83,  p. front., plates. 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1911Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- On back of cover: An Urdu treatise on the horse.
"Vocabulary of technical terms": p. 56-83.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 309
BAC: British Art Center copy: Translated by Lieut.-Colonel D.C. Phillott. Calico-texture green cloth; pictorial stamping of elaborate eastern horseman on front cover, blind stamped on back cover, gold lettering and stamped in gilt on spine, top edge gilt. The binding cloth is of a coarser texture than is usually associated with the term "calico". Half-title, frontispiece, title-page, 2 plates of line-photoengravings, 1 plate of a halftone-photoengraving. Inscribed by the translator. Spine height: 10 1/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, Robert Sterling, d. 1956 -- Ownership.Horses.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.