A brief and plain description of the five orders of columns of architecture : viz. Tuscan, Dorick, Ionick, Roman and Corinthian, with their architraves, friezes and cornishes / by Simon Bosboon, the city-mason of Amsterdam. According to that most eminent and excellent architect Vincent Scamozzi, master-builder of Venice. And reduced into minutes, with a diagonal sccale, very useful and necessary for all mason, bricklayers, carpenters, joyners, painters, carvers, plaisterers, turner, etc. Very plan and easie for all lovers and young practitioners, of this art of architecture.
- London : Printed for Robert Pricke, at his shop adjoyning to Cripplegate within, print, map, and book-seller, 1676.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVK584.S6 M67 1672+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engraved vignette on title page.
"A catalogue of books printed for Rob. Prick and are to be sold at his shop adjoyning to Cripples Gate within, London."--Verso of plate 
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 801
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), B3778
English short title catalogue, R170719
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Tuba stentoro-phonica / Samuel Morland. London : Printed by W. Godbid, 1672.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Orders -- Early works to 1800.Columns -- Early works to 1800.Pricke, Robert -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1676.
YCBA Collections Search
Bosboom, Simon, 1614-1670, A brief and plain description of the five orders of columns of architecture , 1676
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.