The war in Italy / from drawings by Carlo Bossoli ; with a descriptive narrative by the author of "The Times" Letters from the allied camp.
- London : Day & Son, 1860.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 72 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., maps ; 30 cm.
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Descriptive narrative of the war in Italy in 1859 from April to August of that year.
Nándor Éber is the author of "The Times" Letters from the allied camp.
Added lithographed title page (dated December, 1859) by M. Digby Wyatt.
Tinted lithographs by Robert M. Bryson, Thomas Goldsworth Dutton, G. McCulloch, Thomas Picken, and Edmund Walker; after Carlo Bossoli.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 177
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Day & Son -- Publisher.Italy -- History -- War of 1859 -- Pictorial works.Italy -- History -- War of 1859.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1860.
- Contents of the plates: Turin
- Mont Cenis
- Susa, Mont Cenis
- The railway bridge of Valenza
- Alessandria and its environs
- Arrival of the Emperor Napoleon III
- Panoramic view from S. Salvatore
- Charge of the Piedmontese Chevaux-Legers at Ginestrello
- The Battle of Montebello
- The Piedmontese Army crossing the Sesia
- Attack of Palestro
- Attack of Ponte Montreoli, Palestro
- The Battle of Palestro
- Austrians driven into the Roggione Canal, Sartirana
- The Second French Coprs (M'Mahon) crossing the Ticino at Turbigo
- Panorama from the Brughiere di Galliate
- The bridge of Buffalora
- General view of the battlefield of Magenta
- Fight in the village of Buffalora
- The Battle of Magenta
- Taking of Magenta
- Taking the cemetery of Magenta
- Entry of their Majesties into Milan
- The Te Deum in the Cathedral of Milan
- Battle of Melegnano
- Defence of Verese by Garibaldi
- Attack of S. Fermo by Garibaldi
- Entry of the the King of Sardinia into Brescia
- Battle of Solferino (4)
- Siege of Peschiera
- Interview of the emperors of France and Austria at Villafranca.