Lithographic views of Blundell's School, Tiverton.
- Additional Title(s):
Four views of Blundell's School, Tiverton, drawn on stone by Mrs. Boulton
- [Tiverton : Published for the proprietor by G. Boyce, 1831]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF795.T576 B68 1831+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Imprint taken from cover.
Cover title varies: Four views of Blundell's School, Tiverton, drawn on stone by Mrs. Boulton. With a vignette of the porter's lodge, a list of the scholarships, fellowships, and exhibitions, and of the present feoffees.
"Mrs. Boulton" may be Harriet Boulton (née Lane, died 1853), wife of Dr. Anthony Boulton (1789-1864) usher of Blundell's School from 1827 to 1844.
Printed by W. Hackett, Exeter.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 441
List of subscribers: p. -.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original printed paper wrappers. Plate are hand-colored, with tissue guards accompanying each plate. Autograph: C. Tucker.
- Subject Terms:
- Boyce, G. -- Publisher.Endowed public schools (Great Britain) -- History.Hackett, W. -- Printer.Old Blundell's (School) -- History.Old Blundell's (School) -- Pictorial works.Schools -- England -- Tiverton (Devon) -- History.Schools -- England -- Tiverton (Devon) -- Pictorial works.Tucker, C. -- Autograph.
- Subscribers' lists.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1831.
- Porter's Lodge
- Blundell's School from the Tumbling Field
- Blundell's School from Copp's Court
- Interior of the Upper School
- Front view of Blundell's School.