Prospects of all the cathedral & collegiate churches of England & Wales , neatly engraved = Veues de toutes les eglises, cathedrals et collegiats d'Angleterre et de Galle, proprement gravée.
- Additional Title(s):
Prospects of all the cathedral and collegiate churches of England and Wales, neatly engraved
Veues de toutes les eglises cathedrals et collegiats d'Angleterre et de Galle, proprement gravée
Vues de toutes les eglises cathedrals et collegiats d'Angelterre et de Galle, proprement gravée
- London : Printed and sold by John Bowles, print and map-seller at the Black Horse in Cornhill, [ca. 1720?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 20 x 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5461 .P76 1720+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engraved throughout, including title page. Title within border of 27 coats of arms. Title leaf followed by 8 leaves of illustrations with 4 views on each leaf.
Engravings by John Bowles.
John Bowles is listed at working at this address from 1740?-1774. Cf. Plomer.
At head of title: British views no. 1.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in plain buff wrappers; stitched. Paper label mounted on verso of front cover: Cathedral & collegiate churches of England and Wales. London John Bowles Black Horse in Cornhill Dec. 22, 1807. John Bowles was in business 60 years & he has been dead 30 ---& this was published in the early part of his being in business.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Cathedrals -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Church architecture -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Church buildings -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1720.
YCBA Collections Search
Prospects of all the cathedral & collegiate churches of England & Wales , neatly engraved =, [ca. 1720?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.