The Campaign of Waterloo : illustrated with engravings of Les Quatre Bras, La Belle Alliance, Hougoumont, La Haye Sainte, and other principal scenes of actions : including a correct military plan, together with a grand view of the battle on a large scale : to which is prefixed a history of the campaign, compiled from official documents and other authentic sources.
- London : Printed by T. Bensley and Son, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, for Robert Bowyer, No. 80, Marlborough Place, Pall Mall, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- , 34, 10,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, map ; 49 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 48Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 46 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Publisher's original printed cover label: : This part contains the appendix to Mr. Bowyer's Illustrated record, also The Campaign of Waterloo, with a grand view of the battle, and other interesting views, all taken on the spot. Likewise ninety-eight portraits, together with biographical memoirs of all those personages who have been particularly disinguished in the annals of Europe during the last four years.
Sometimes attributed to Robert Bower.
Includes wood-engraved illustrations with the text.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 354
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 355
BAC: British Art Center Folio A 2013 46c copy (Abbey Life 354) bound in publisher's original boards, with printed title label on front cover. Directions to the binder (1 page) tipped in at end. Cased with: The triumphs of Europe in the campaigns of the years 1812, 1813, 1814 (Abbey Life 353 -- Folio A 2013 46a); and, An illustrated record of important events in the annals of Europe during the years 1812, 1813, 1814, & 1815. London : Printed by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, for R. Bower, Marlborough Place, Pall Mall, 1815 (Abbey Life 353 -- Folio A 2013 46b).
BAC: British Art Center Abbey Folio A 2013 48 copy (Abbey Life 355) bound in publisher's original boards with printed pink label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815 -- Campaigns -- Belgium.Quatre-Bras, Battle of, Quatre-Bras, Belgium, 1815.Waterloo, Battle of, Waterloo, Belgium, 1815.
- Wood engravings -- 1816.
Engravings -- 1816.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.