Bowler, Thomas William, 1813-1869, South African sketches , 
South African sketches : a series of ten of the most interesting views at the Cape of Good Hope / by T.W. Bowler.
- London : Published October 31, 1854, by Day & Son : 
Cape Town : A.S. Robertson, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT827 .B69 1854+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Tinted lithographs throughout, including title page. Lithography by W.L. Walton, Joseph Needham, and William Simpson; after Thomas William Bowler.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 343
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half green morocco and green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann & Co. -- Publisher.Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) -- Pictorial works.Day & Son -- Publisher.Landscapes -- Africa -- Pictorial works.Robertson, A.S. -- Publisher.South Africa -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1854.
- Boor's waggon (title page)
- Table Bay, from Blue Berg
- Castle, Cape-Town, from the S.E. angle of the Parade
- Kalk Bay, Evening
- Royal Observatory, looking westward
- Botanical Gardens, Cape Town
- Green Constantia, the property of J.P. Cloete
- Table Bay from Robben Island
- From Wynberg Hill, False Bay in the distance
- Admiralty House. Entrance to Simon's Town.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.