The gentleman and farmer's guide for increase and improvement of cattle : viz. lambs, sheep, hogs; calves, cows, oxen. Also the best manner of breeding, and breaking horses, both for sport and burden: with an account of their respective distempers, and the most approved medicines for the cure of them. Also some observations on the many benefits of the woollen manufactures of Great-Britain, and the great advantages arising from hides, tallow, &c. Illustrated with copper plates / by R. Bradley, Professor of Botany in the University of Cambridge, and F.R.S.
- Second edition.
- London : Printed for G.S. and sold by W. Mears, at the Lamb in the Old-Baily, 1732.
- Physical Description:
- , iv, , 352 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF69 .B73 1732Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece engraved by J. Clark, after J. Ross (probably James Ross, fl. 1729-1733).
Edition statement transposed: precedes author's name on title page.
Contains wood-engraved head- and tail-pieces.
With an initial leaf of advertisements.
Price from imprint: Price 5 s.
English short title catalogue, T120876
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in Cambridge-style plain and sprinkled panelled calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Agriculture -- Early works to 1800.Bits (Bridles) -- Early works to 1800.Bridles -- Early works to 1800.Country life -- Great Britain -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. -- Early works to 1800.Horsemanship -- Equipment and supplies -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Breeding -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Training -- Early works to 1800.Livestock -- Early works to 1800.
- Wood engravings -- 1732.
Engravings -- 1732.
YCBA Collections Search
Bradley, Richard, 1688-1732, The gentleman and farmer's guide for increase and improvement of cattle , 1732
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.