Views in the Mauritius, or, Isle of France / drawn from nature by T. Bradshaw ... ; and on stone by William Rider ; with a memoir of the island, and a description of each view.
- Additional Title(s):
Views in the Mauritius
Isle of France
- London : Published for the proprietor by James Carpenter and Son ... Printed by J. Haddon, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT469.M4 B73 1832+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT469.M4 B73 1832+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographs printed by C. Hullmandel.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 295
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf with marbled boards. Lithographs are hand-colored; printed on India paper. Copy 2 bound in half roan with embossed green cloth. Lithographs are uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Haddon, J. -- Printer.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.J. Carpenter and Son -- Publisher.Mauritius -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1832.
Lithographs -- 1832.
- Port Louis
- Port Louis from the eastern side of the harbour
- Port Louis from "La Petite Montagne"
- Port Louis (from the Offing)
- The Protestant Church, Port Louis
- From the beach near "Fort Blanc"
- Near Les Salines
- Mouth of "La Grande Riviere"
- Village of Grande Riviere
- Grande Riviere looking south east
- Aquaduct at La Grande Riviere
- Cascade des Plaines Wilhems
- On the Maurais aux Vacouas
- La Riviere Noire
- A La Riviere Noire
- On the Riviere du Tamarind
- Near Mahebourg
- Cascade du Tamarin
- In the district of La Savanne
- Morne Brabant
- Baie du Cap
- Fall of the Riviere du Cap
- On the Riviere du Cap
- The barracks at Mahebourg
- On the Riviere des Creoles
- Les Trois Manguiers
- Le Reduit
- From the "Bout du Monde"
- In the district of Moka
- On the Plaines Wilhelm's District
- Powder Mills, Pamplemousses
- Near the Powder Mills, Pamplemousses
- Near Mon Plaisir
- Tombs of Paul & Virginie
- At Pamplemousses
- In the district of Pamplemousses
- Near Pamplemousses
- Baie du Tombeau. Looking West
- Baie du Tombeau. Looking North.