Map of the London & Birmingham Railway with the country in its vicinity [cartographic material], / from the Ordnance Survey and engraved for Mogg's hand book for railway travellers.
- Additional Title(s):
London & Birmingham Railway
Mogg's map of the London and Birmingham Railway
- London. : Published & sold by E. Mogg ..., Sepr. 17th. 1838.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : mounted on cloth ; 26 x 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process G5751.P3 M64 1838Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:270,000]
- Issued mounted on cloth, folded and hand-coloured, in cloth-covered boards with a printed cover-label reading "Mogg's map of the London and Birmingham railway ... Published and sold by E. Mogg ...".
Includes a letterpress bifolium of advertisements for books and maps sold by Mogg, and "A table of distances adapted to Mogg's map ...".
Strip of country from London to Birmingham, through Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Warwickshire.
- Subject Terms:
- England.London and Birmingham Railway -- Maps.London and Birmingham Railway.Railroads -- England -- Maps.Railroads.
YCBA Collections Search
Mogg, Edward, Map of the London & Birmingham Railway with the country in its vicinity, Sepr. 17th. 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.