Aesop's fables, ca. 1750]
- Aesop's fables.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Aesop's fables. English. Selections.
- [S. l. : s. n., ca. 1750]
- Physical Description:
- 24 p. : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA3855 E5 1750Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Each fable is accompanied by a remark.
Bookseller suggests date of ca. 1750.
- A fox and a sick lion -- The stag and the vine -- The crane and the geese -- A trumpeter taken prisoner -- The husbandman and stork --The wasp and the partridges -- A daw and pigeons -- The fox and snake -- The cough and swallow -- A father and his sons -- The fox that had left his tail -- The fox and huntsmen -- The fox and bramble.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesop -- Translations into English.Chapbooks, English -- Early works to 1800.Fables, English -- Translations from Greek.Fables, Greek -- Translations into English.Woodcut -- Specimens -- [ca. 1750].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.