- Additional Title(s):
Aesop's fables. English. Selections.
- [S. l. : s. n., ca. 1750]
- Physical Description:
- 24 p. : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA3855 E5 1750Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Each fable is accompanied by a remark.
Bookseller suggests date of ca. 1750.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesop -- Translations into English.Chapbooks, English -- Early works to 1800.Fables, English -- Translations from Greek.Fables, Greek -- Translations into English.Woodcut -- Specimens -- [ca. 1750].
- A fox and a sick lion
- The stag and the vine
- The crane and the geese
- A trumpeter taken prisoner
- The husbandman and stork --The wasp and the partridges
- A daw and pigeons
- The fox and snake
- The cough and swallow
- A father and his sons
- The fox that had left his tail
- The fox and huntsmen
- The fox and bramble.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.