Illustrations of the passes of the Alps : by which Italy communicates with France, Switzerland, and Germany / by William Brockedon, member of the Academy of Fine Arts at Florence. Volume the first[-the second].
- London : Printed for the author, 11 Caroline Street, Bedford Square; and sold by Rodwell, New Bond Street; Carpenter and Son, Bond Street; Colnaghi and Son, Pall Mall East; F. G. Moon, Threadneedle Street; and Simpkin and Marshall, Stationers' Court, MDCCCXXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDQ823 .B76 1838+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Edward Finden, Robert Brandard, John Charles Varrall, Charles Westwood, Aaron Arrowsmith, Thomas Barber, James Redaway, James Tibbett Willmore, Thomas Jeavons, William Wallis, S. Rawle, J. H. Kernot, and John Cousen; after William Brockedon.
"London: Printed by James Moyes, Castle Street, Leicester Square."--T.p. verso.
Some of the plates signed: Printed by McQueen.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in maroon half-calf binding, with gilt edges. Marbled endpapers. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell.
- Subject Terms:
- Alps -- Description and travel.Brockedon, William, 1787-1854, -- Publisher.Carpenter and Son -- Bookseller.Colnaghi and Son -- Bookseller.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate.Moon, F. G. -- Bookseller.Mountain passes -- Alps.Moyes, James -- Printer.Rodwell -- Bookseller.Simpkin and Marshall -- Bookseller.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1838.
- V. 1. The Little Saint Bernard
- The Mont Genèvre
- The Mont Cenis
- The Mont Saint Gothard
- The Great Saint Bernard
- The Monte Stelvio
- v. 2. The Cornice
- The Grimsel and the Gries
- The Bernardin and the Splugen
- The Brenner
- The Tende and the Argentière
- The Simplon.