Illustrations of the passes of the Alps : by which Italy communicates with France, Switzerland, and Germany / by William Brockedon, member pf tje Academy of Fine Arts at Florence. Volume the first[-the second].
- London : Henry G. Bohn, York Street, Covent Garden, [between 1845 and 1860]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDQ823 .B76 1877+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Engravings by Edward Finden, Robert Brandard, John Charles Varrall, Charles Westwood, Aaron Arrowsmith, Thomas Barber, James Redaway, James Tibbett Willmore, Thomas Jeavons, William Wallis, S. Rawle, J. H. Kernot, and John Cousen; after William Brockedon.
"London: Printed by G. Barclay, Castle St. Leicester Sq."--T.p. verso.
Henry G. Bohn published at York Street from 1831 to 1867. G. Barclay printed at Castle Street from 1845 to 1860. Cf. Brown, P.A.H. London publishers and printers, c. 1800-1870.
NSTC supplies a publication date of 1877.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-, blind- and black-stamped green publisher's binding, with gilt edges. Bookplate: H. A. Spowart. Ms. insc. on recto of first free end-paper: H. A. Spowart Aug. 1917.
- Subject Terms:
- Alps -- Description and travel.Barclay, G. -- Printer.Bohn, Henry G. -- Publisher.Mountain passes -- Alps.Spowart, H. A. -- Autograph, Aug. 1917.Spowart, H. A. -- Bookplate.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- [between 1845 and 1860]
- V. 1. The Little Saint Bernard
- The Mont Genèvre
- The Mont Cenis
- The Mont Saint Gothard
- The Great Saint Bernard
- The Monte Stelvio
- v. 2. The Cornice
- The Grimsel and the Gries
- The Bernardin and the Splugen
- The Brenner
- The Tende and the Argentière
- The Simplon.