Picturesque antiquities of the English cities : illustrated by a series of engravings of antient buildings, street scenery, etc., with historical and descriptive accounts of each subject / by John Britton, F.S.A. M.R.S.L. and member of several other societes, English and foreign.
- London : Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green : 1830.
Pentonville : J. Le Keux, 1830.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 88 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 .B75 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by James Baylis Allen, Branston and Wright, John Le Keux, Abraham John Mason, James C. Redaway, Edward John Roberts, Robert Sands, William Taylor, William Tombleson, John Charles Varrall, John Wright, Samuel Williams, and Thomas Woolnoth; after W.H. Bartlett, James Carter, George Fennel Robson, and Edward James Willson.
Printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick.
Includes added engraved title page
With a wood-engraved vignette on letter-press title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England.Britton, John -- Publisher.Chiswick C. -- Printer.Cities and towns -- England.Historic buildings -- Great Britain.Le Keux, J. -- Publisher.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1830.
Steel engravings -- 1830.